Yoga Teacher Training
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of Basic Yoga History.
- Understanding of Basic Sanskrit and Yoga Philosophy.
- Foundational understanding of basic Yoga Anatomy.
- A wheel of asanas to use in your teaching.
- Sequencing classes for beginners, gentle, and modified practitioners.
- The ability to modify using props and language.
- The ability to articulate teaching instruction and cues to students on camera and in person.
- Basic understanding of the therapeutic benefits of yoga asanas, relaxation, meditation & pranayama.
- A solid understanding of chakra psychology.
- The introduction of restorative and chair yoga.
- Aromatherapy & the use of aromatherapy in yoga class.
- Understanding of what happens in both the online classroom and the in-person classroom.
- Understanding of Sankalpa in your personal life, personal sadhana, and self-care of the yogini.
- How to theme your classes to create experiences that are unique and special.
About this Training
- 100% online, accessible using the Zoom classroom
- Select Saturdays & Sundays in 2021 (see schedule below)
- Students can take this as a yoga teacher certification, or as a self-exploration and lifelong learning course by opting out of certification requirements.
- PDF manual (printed copy available for additional fee)
- Live lessons with Jennifer and guest teachers, recorded lessons, YouTube classroom videos, aromatherapy kit and a facebook group for interaction with your teachers and the class.
What you will need
- Internet access and camera to access the Zoom classroom. The classroom experience is best on a tablet or laptop for screen sharing
- Laptop for written work submissions
- Dropbox access for document sharing
- Personal Email
- Facebook access
- Yoga Props: 2 bolsters, 2-3 blankets, 1 yoga mat, 1 yoga strap (8″), 2-4 yoga blocks and 1 folding chair or something similar
- Books for required reading – book list provided upon enrollment
- Students who are seeking certification will have teaching and homework assignments beyond the live learning lessons and recordings. This will be explained further in your orientation.
- Certification will require an additional fee to cover grading and mentorship time with your teacher
- Certification will be through Jennifer Langsdale, C-IAYT
- Students seeking certification will be required to attend live meetings as long as they in similar time zones. Students living in different time zones, please discuss recorded options for training with Jennifer
Live Meeting Dates
February 27 & 28
March 13 & 14
April 10 & 11
May 15 & 16
June 5 & 6
July 17 & 18
August 7 & 8
Saturdays 10:00am – 12:30pm and 1:15 – 3:30pm.
Sundays 10:00 am – 12:30pm and select Sundays from 1:00 – 3:30pm for group work, quizzes, and guest teachers.
Recorded lessons and supplements will have due dates, but can be done on your own time.
You truly prepared me in every way possible to be the best teacher I can be. From asana, to homework material that I still use, to creating bhava and teaching in my own style. I quit my day job to pursue teaching yoga full time in May and couldn’t be happier! Thank you for paving the way.
– Gina M.
Jennifer Langsdale is a professional yoga therapist and teacher. Her focus is in yoga therapy, and she trademarked her signature form of yoga therapy called Inner Wisdom® in 2015.
Jennifer’s yoga teaching background includes 15 years of creating and teaching group classes, leading 200 & 300 hour yoga trainings for men and women under her Awaken Yoga school name for 10 years, managing a private yoga practice office, and teaching and designing programs for her yoga school and studios. She has trained over 100 yoga teachers in the last decade under Awaken Yoga School.
She owned and operated 3 successful yoga studios before permanently closing her former yoga business, Awaken Yoga, in 2020 due to the global pandemic. Her yoga passions are teaching prenatal yoga, chakra psychology, and meditation & mindfulness.
Jennifer completed a Master’s of Science in Aromatherapy at the American College of Healthcare Sciences in 2020, and is now a practicing professional holistic aromatherapist. She combines the power of yoga and aromatherapy for her students, clients and in her personal life. She is a former doula, and specializes in working with women’s minds and bodies.
Looking ahead, Jennifer is eager to work more exclusively with women, which is her passion, to bring healing, empowerment, and happiness through the healing arts of yoga, mindfulness, prenatal practices, and aromatherapy.
Her passion for the lunar sacredness of life allows her to create experiences for holistic education and retreat-style learning for women of all ages and levels of interest. She loves to research, and to explore holistic studies and education.
$2500 Basic Training and PDF Manual
$2899 Basic Training + Certification and Printed Manual
$399 Certification Pack add-on
Certification must be completed by December 31st, 2021
Upon completion of payment, students will receive an information packet and orientation audio from Jennifer.
PDF manual will be sent after February 13th.
All questions can be directed to Jennifer
There are no refunds for this training.
Your training videos and classroom will be available to you until December 31st, 2021.
There are no exchanges. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to utilize their course classrooms during the time it is available.