Wane & Release Fall Retreat
at Resilient Acres
A Day of Supportive Releasing, Transformation & Acceptance
Autumn will be just around the corner when we celebrate this sacred slow turn to the darkness honoring the end of summer and the transition to the windy season. Autumn gives us permission to prepare for transition and inner healing as we quiet and steady ourselves once again for the hibernation season. Through the practices of yoga, meditation, and ecotherapy combined with herbalism, aromatherapy and healing circle ritual, you will find yourself nourished from the inside out.
This Experience Includes:
- 75 minute Autumnal Aromatherapy & Lunar Yoga Class with Jennifer to hold space for physical and emotional healing and create the self-awareness you need for setting the space for change, while using the power of aromatics to relax and restore you. Leave with a fall aromatherapy gift.
- 60 minutes with Christine to sample Nourishing and Grounding Herbs for the Transition to Fall that will prepare your mind and body for the seasonal change. Sample teas and other botanical remedies while enjoying a healthy treat.
- 90 minutes with Rebecca for a mindful walk of Resilient Acres’ beautifully forested paths along with ecotherapy practices to help us open to the earth’s wisdom and abilities to compost any pain, grief or “old leaves” we might be carrying.
- 75 minute closing fire ceremony to create prayer and releasing bundles, while we join by fireside for a cleansing ritual to prepare you energetically and emotionally for the changing seasons.
September 11, 2021
back up date: September 25
Doors open at 12:30pm
Start Time: 1:00pm
End Time: around 7:30pm
Where: Resilient Acres, 12987 US-6 Chardon, OH 44024 – About 2 miles east of Chardon square on Route 6. If traveling East, Resilient Acres is on the right and before you reach Cutts Rd. You will see a Resilient Acres sign wrapped around a large oak. There is a big white barn and blue farmhouse with a gravel parking lot.
We will be meeting inside the barn. Your yoga mat might get dirty on the floor, so bring a sturdy blanket for under your mat if you like.
We will also be spending time in beautiful outdoor spaces and walking the trails, so be prepared if you have allergies!
What to bring
- Yoga mat
- Hiking shoes
- Change of shoes
- Change of clothes or dress in layers for weather
- Water bottle
- Portable chair, if you wish
- Blankets or large beach towels to sit on outside and for yoga. Several will come in handy.
- Yoga props you may want to bring, but are not required.
- Light packed dinner. There is refrigeration but no way to heat food.
Since 2014, Christine & Michael have developed their original 23 acres into a homestead-style farm with permaculture gardens, a hugelkultur orchard, chickens, bees, goats, and successional perennial polycultures. As the vision expanded to include the creation of more opportunities for others to make a meaningful change in our world, a contiguous 98 acre century farm came up for sale…
Jennifer is a professional yoga therapist and teacher. Her focus is in yoga therapy, and she trademarked her signature form of yoga therapy called Inner Wisdom® in 2015. Jennifer’s yoga teaching background includes 15 years of creating and teaching group classes, leading 200 & 300 hour yoga trainings for men and women under her Awaken Yoga School name for 10 years, managing a private yoga practice office, and teaching and designing programs for her yoga school and studios. Jennifer completed a Master’s of Science in Aromatherapy at the American College of Healthcare Sciences in 2020, and is now a practicing professional holistic aromatherapist. She combines the power of yoga and aromatherapy for her students, clients and in her personal life. She is a former doula, and specializes in working with women’s minds and bodies.
Christine Cassella, M.S. is co-owner of Resilient Acres, owner of Resilient Birth & Botanicals, a mother, community herbalist, and holistic birth keeper. She is most passionate about helping women reclaim their inherent connection with the cycles of nature, especially in the childbearing years. She received her certificate in herbalism with Rosemary Gladstar and is currently pursuing additional studies with Dr. Aviva Romm. Learn more about Christine here.
Born and raised in the woods of Ohio, Rebecca brings the experiences of her time in nature into her yoga teaching, song-writing and ecotherapy practices. Certified as a Group Ecotherapy Guide through Lake Erie Institute’s Ecopsychology program in 2019, Rebecca enjoys sharing her love of the natural world with others through ecotherapy offerings. She has been teaching yoga for over 16 years and is passionate about sharing yogic philosophy, sound yoga and ecotherapy in yoga teacher training programs and workshops in the greater Cleveland area. Writing poetry and songs since she was a young girl, she has completed two full-length albums and has been performing locally for 12 years. She has also worked as a naturalist, leading interpretive hikes for children and adults at the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes. When she isn’t teaching or singing, she enjoys nature photography, writing poetry, and spending time with her family and friends.
Cost per student:
August 31, 2021
Minimum Enrollment: 8
Maximum Enrollment: 18
There are no refunds 30 days prior to the event. There is a $25 processing fee for returned items. Please note, if our May 22 date is cancelled, we will defer to June 5 for our back up date. There are no refunds if you cannot attend on the backup date, as we will have a seat held for you. You may give your seat to someone else, but please notify us prior to the retreat. We currently cannot obtain responsibility for the effects of Covid-19 related absences. We apologize for this, but we are too small to take on all the risks of the pandemic and offering refunds. Please consider your payment an investment to uphold small businesses, and we thank you for your support. All materials can be picked up at a later date if you cannot attend.